In the past few years, online education has become very popular. Earlier, it was limited only for the higher studies or for preparation of competitive exams, but now there are online classes for school kids also. There are many people who are happy with online classes and online education for both kids and working professionals. But then there are some people who feel that the online classes are limiting education and is putting a negative impact on the kids.
One needs to understand, that these online classes have been started for the betterment of education only. This is somewhere improving our education system instead of limiting it. We do know that the traditional way of educating the kids is definitely good. But with the help of these online classes, we can make our education system and learning more conducive. With the online classes, there definitely are pros and cons, which we will study below. However, if we talk about its impact on the education system, it is being positive so far. As the kids are also getting different option to explore instead of just learning from the books. With the online classes, their education will not be limited. Instead, it will motivate them and will help them in developing their interests in different subjects.
To understand the impact of online classes on education, the best ways is to know the pros and cons of it. So, let’s see what good and what bad these online classes are doing to education.
Pros of Online Classes
Be it a high school graduate or a working professional, the online classes have helped them a lot in different ways. Let’s see the positive impacts of online classes on education by learning its pros.
- Comfortable environment for education – Defining the comfortable environment is not just that students sitting in pajamas or eating while they are studying through online classes. When we say a comfortable environment, we mean that one can easily learn new things and can study comfortably from any location. It can be home, or any other city, or a library or even a café as well. Also, this gives students a comfort to not wait for the buses to reach for classes every day, not regretting of missing any lectures, as many institutes provide the recordings of the classes as well.
- Flexible schedule – These online classes help the students to make their schedule for studying on their own. So, this means that students can decide when or at what hour of the day they want to study. As we just mentioned above, the recording of the classes are accessible, and the study material is also available 24 by 7, so it becomes easy for one to study anytime. This flexibility in the schedule helps the students in balancing their education & learning time and their family or work time.
- One to one interaction with the tutors – The online classes not just provide the study materials or online classes by the tutors. But you can also take help from your tutors by discussing your problems one to one online only. This is really helpful for all the students, as they will get more individual time with the tutors which will help them in learning more and solving more problems. With the face to face interaction with teachers during the class or discussions, the students are able to speak more and concentrate more on the studies instead of shying away.
- Learn more technical and computer skills – Online classes means that you have to access the internet and the computer system. So, regularly working on the computer system for classes, for assignments, and for other such tasks, will help in improving the technical as well as the computer skills also.
- Different online courses – When you go for regular studies, it becomes difficult to take classes for other courses. But online, you can access a variety of courses that are available online. Not just the higher study courses, but the short-term diploma or certification courses can also be learned online. You can get a certificate or degree by studying these various courses online only.
Cons of Online Classes
If we talk about the cons of the online classes, then there are hardly any. This somehow, also proves that the online classes do not have any such negative impact on the education, as it is not harming our learning system. Let’s see what the cons of online classes are.
- Lack of self-discipline – It often happens that the students who are taking online classes lack self-discipline. It is somewhere because of not being able to manage the time and work schedule properly. Not being able to dedicate the proper time for studies or for work, as there is no such regulated system with online classes like the regular classes.
- More time required – With online classes, you will not just have to study with the help of the tutors, but you will also need to devote the complete time for the assignments. You will have to work individually on those assignments, which means it will take more time. This means in total you will have to assign more time than the regular classes.
The cons mentioned here can be taken care of. And with the number of pros of the online classes, we can say that online classes are impacting our education system in a positive way.